Wills are the central pillar of estate planning. A gift by will, known as a bequest, provides the opportunity to create a legacy for Tafelmusik. Bequests are typically made as a:
- Specific dollar amount, or a piece of personal property
- Share or percentage of your estate
- Residual amount, after other specific bequests are fulfilled
Benefits of making a bequest:
- Your estate receives favourable tax treatment, since you may claim the bequest on your final tax return, equal to up to 100 per cent of your net income in that year
- You have use and control of the asset in your lifetime
- A bequest may be altered if your circumstances change
What you should know about arranging a bequest:
- Tafelmusik is pleased to assist you and your legal counsel by providing appropriate wording to ensure that your bequest is used as intend.
- You can choose to direct your bequest to any particular Tafelmusik project, including the Jeanne Lamon Young Artist Fund or the Tafelmusik Endowment Fund. You can also make an unrestricted bequest, which will go to the area of greatest need.
- Please use the legal name "Tafelmusik” in your bequest clause. Our Charitable Registration Number is 11920 8320 RR0001
Tafelmusik Legacy Society
Patrons making a bequest (or any other legacy gift) become partners with us in building a foundation for the future of Tafelmusik, and we invite you to become a member of our Legacy Society. Details
For more information on how to make a bequest to Tafelmusik or suggested wording for your will, please contact the Development Office:
(416) 964-9562 ext. 240