The application deadline is March 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 21, 2018. Late applications will be accepted if enrolment permits.
NOTE: We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the Tafelmusik website, which might affect the TBSI application forms. Our web team is working to fix the problem quickly and we expect the issue to be cleared up soon. If you continue to experience difficulties with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Instrumentalists are generally not required to do an admission audition. Eligibility is determined by the applicant's education and experience as outlined in the applicant's CV. If the CV does not provide adequate information, the applicant may be asked to play an audition or submit a recording. Letters of reference are not required.
Please note that the TBSI vocal program is suitable for advanced students of vocal performance and pre-professional and professional singers. Due to the intensive nature of this program, vocal applicants must be aged 21 or older as of June 11, 2018, to ensure secure and flexible vocal technique (exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis). All vocal applicants must either attend a live audition in Toronto on March 7 or 10, 2018, or submit a recent audio or video recording. A live audition is preferred when possible. You will be able to indicate your preference when you fill out your online application.
For live auditions:
- A harpsichordist will be available to accompany you
- Please bring clear, legible copies of the music for the accompanist
- Pitch for the audition is a’=415hz
- Singers are expected to sing two contrasting baroque arias (opera, cantata, or oratorio) or songs
- You are not required to bring copies of your headshots or CV
- Recordings must be received by 5:00pm on March 1, 2018
- Please email recordings to email@example.com
- We accept audio or video files; please ensure the files have good sound quality
- If your recording files are too big to attach to an email, you are welcome to email us Youtube links, Dropbox links, or Google Drive links
Singers are expected to sing two contrasting baroque arias (opera, cantata, or oratorio) or songs
Recordings can be at any pitch