Enrico Onofri, guest director and violin
Embrace music’s power to incite human passions and unleash the force of Mother Nature.
“Is there anything more powerful than music?” asks Enrico Onofri. The charismatic wizard of the baroque violin and close collaborator/teacher of Music Director Elisa Citterio makes his Tafelmusik debut with this concert exploring music’s role in inciting human passions and unleashing the power of Mother Nature.
Enrico and Elisa appear as soloists in orchestral music both collaborative and confrontational. Batten down your hatches and experience the musical battleground that is the “concerto grosso”—where every instrument must prove its worth.
- Kapsberger Sinfonia Ottava & Settima ♫
- Gabrieli Sonata for three violins & continuo ♫
- Scheidt Die VII Symphonie aus dem D ♫
- Castello Sonata XV a quattro ♫
- Gabrieli Canzon Duodecimi Toni ♫
- Scheidt Battalia ♫
- Castello Sonata XVI a quattro
- Legrenzi Sonata for 4 violins & continuo
- Corelli Concerto grosso in D Major, op. 6, no. 7*
- Locke Music for The Tempest
- Vivaldi Concerto in A minor for 2 violins, op.3 no.8*
(Enrico Onofri & Elisa Citterio, soloists)
- Corelli Concerto grosso in D Major, op. 6, no. 4
* Recorded by Tafelmusik
♫ First performance by Tafelmusik
NOTE: Vivaldi Concerto op.3 no.8 recorded with Jeanne Lamon & Geneviève Gilardeau as soloists
Guest Artist Masterclass with Enrico Onofri: Sat Feb 9, 2019 from 2:30–4:30pm MORE INFO
Concert run time: approximately 2 hours including a 20 intermission.