TAFELMUSIK BAROQUE ORCHESTRA
Elisa Citterio, MUSIC DIRECTOR
Announces the following audition:
Violin (Core Position)
International auditions will be held on March 13 & 14, 2019
at Trinity-St. Paul’s Centre in Toronto.
Position to commence September 2019 or at candidate’s earliest availability.
The successful candidate may share section leadership responsibilities.
Candidates must have extensive experience performing on period instruments and excel in historical performance practice from the early baroque to romantic periods. It is expected that all candidates will use historically appropriate instruments and bows. The pitch for the audition is A=415.
Highly qualified applicants should submit the following required materials no later than September 30, 2018. Applications may only be submitted using the online application system outlined below.
• Professional CV (including full contact information, and details of period performance experience)
• A digital audio recording (see repertoire requirements on next page)
• Written repertoire list, including recording dates
All applicants will be contacted by email.
Tafelmusik is a per-service orchestra that records and tours internationally from six to eight weeks annually, in addition to approx. thirty weeks of mainstage performances, including programs performed from memory, artist training, educational, and outreach activities. Annual contract income ranges from CAD $46,000–51,000, depending on season activities. The musicians of Tafelmusik are independent contractors and members of the American Federation of Musicians, Local 149. Benefits: AFM Pension fund contribution of 11%, sick leave (based on years of service). Core members of Tafelmusik are offered first right of refusal and a service guarantee following an initial two-year probationary period.
THE AUDITION COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISMISS ANY CANDIDATE NOT MEETING THE HIGHEST PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS AT THESE AUDITIONS.
International violin audition audio recording repertoire requirements:
• J. S. Bach Choose one of the following
Sonata No. 1 in G minor BWV 1001, Adagio and a 3-minute excerpt from the Fuga
Sonata No. 2 in A minor BWV 1003, Grave and a 3-minute excerpt from the Fuga
Sonata No. 3 in C major BWV 1005, Adagio and a 3-minute excerpt from the Fuga
• J. S. Bach Ouverture from Orchestral Suite no. 3, from beginning to b.71, first note (omit repeat)
• F. Geminiani Compositione no. 4 from The Art of Playing on the Violin, op. 9 (with or without continuo)
• F. Couperin Prelude from the Premier OR Deuxième Concert from the Concerts Royaux. (*please include harpsichord continuo on recording)
• G. F. Handel Concerto grosso Op. 6 No. 7 V. Hornpipe (violin 1 part, omit repeats)
All applications must be submitted using YAP Tracker, using the following link here: yaptracker.com/applications/tafelmusik-instrumental-2018
Application inquiries may be directed to Mara Brown at email@example.com
Required solo works and excerpts for the live audition will be made available after October 30, 2018 to applicants selected for the live audition.
Join Tafelscene for discount concert tickets and intermission parties | MORE INFO
Our annual institute for emerging artists. January 4—10, 2019 | MORE INFO