TAFELMUSIK BAROQUE ORCHESTRA
Elisa Citterio, MUSIC DIRECTOR
Extra Musician Audition - Strings
Auditions for violin, viola, cello and bass extra musicians will be held on January 22, 2018 at Trinity- St. Paul's Centre, 427 Bloor Street West, Toronto.
Interested musicians with experience in historical performance practice are invited to send a résumé (including full contact information and details of period performance experience) no later than December 13, 2017 to Mara Brown at email@example.com.
Candidates invited to the audition are expected to play at pitch A=415 using a baroque instrument, gut strings and baroque/classical bow as appropriate to the repertoire. Please see next page for required repertoire. Ensemble playing with members of the orchestra may form part of the audition.
Tafelmusik engages extra musicians on an occasional basis as required by programming and repertoire. Per-service rates and pension contributions for extra musicians are set by the Toronto Musicians Association. All extra musicians must be members of the American Federation of Musicians.
Repertoire list for Tafelmusik extra musicians audition
• J. S. Bach: two contrasting movements from the Sonatas and Partitas
• J. S. Bach: Suite No. 1, Ouverture, violin 1
• J.-P. Rameau: Menuets from Les Indes Galantes, violin 1 (part available at here)
• W.A. Mozart: Symphony No. 39, IV. Allegro bb. 1-41
• J. S. Bach: one movement from the Sonatas and Partitas for Violin or the Suites for Cello
• J. S. Bach: Suite No. 1 Ouverture
• W. A. Mozart: Symphony 35, IV. Presto
• J. S. Bach: two contrasting movements from the Suites for Cello
• J. S. Bach: Concerto for violin in E Major, II. Adagio bb. 1-27
• J. S. Bach: Suite No. 4, Ouverture, bb. 29-49, and 70-130
• L. v. Beethoven: Symphony No. 5
o II. Andante con moto, bb. 1-10, 49-59 and 98-123
o III. Allegro, bb. 1-218
• Baroque solo of choice (5 min. max), or Sarabande from J.S. Bach Suite No. 2, BWV 1067
• J. S. Bach: Concerto for violin in E Major, II. Adagio, b. 1-27
• J. S. Bach: Suite no. 4, Ouverture, bb. 1-29 and 144-end
• W.A. Mozart: Symphony 40
o I. Allegro molto, bb 115-134
o IV. Allegro assai, bb. 229-236
• L. v. Beethoven: Symphony No. 3
o III. Scherzo, bb. 14-127
o IV. Allegro molto, bb. 294-318
June 11-23 2018. A 2-week intensive training program for advanced students and professional musicians. MORE INFO!