Directed by Elisa Citterio
Roberta Invernizzi, soprano
Experience the intrigue, artistry, and commedia of this dazzling Roman soirée.
Meet Pier Leone Ghezzi—caricaturist, painter, and host of some of 18th-century Rome’s most popular salon parties. Tafelmusik is delighted to invite you to one of his famous soirées, where you will encounter the famous prima donna Faustina Bordoni, and discover whether Ghezzi’s mischievous Harlequin servant can thwart his master and pursue his own love interests!
Joining Elisa Citterio and a chamber ensemble drawn from Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra is one of the world’s finest singers of Italian baroque music, soprano Roberta Invernizzi. Together, they take us through arias and sinfonias by Vivaldi, Pergolesi, Porpora and more while Ghezzi (in the form of Tafelmusik’s Marco Cera) sketches his guests live for all to see.
- Gasparini Overture to L’oracolo del Fato ♫
- Vivaldi Sonata for violin & continuo in C Minor, RV 6 ♫
- Vivaldi Sonata for 2 violins in G Major, RV 71 ♫
- Porpora Aria “Son prigioniera d’amore” from Poro ♫
- Vinci Aria “Non ti minaccio sdegno” from Catone in Utica ♫
- Pergolesi Overture to Adriano in Siria ♫
- Vinci Overture to Partenope: complete ♫
- Bononcini Sonata prima for cello & continuo in A Minor
- Porpora Aria “Alto Giove” from Polifeno ♫
- Pergolesi Aria “Lieto cosi’ talvolta” from Adriano in Siria ♫
♫ First performance by Tafelmusik
Guest Artist Masterclass with Roberta Invernizzi: Sun Jan 13, 2019 from 2–4pm MORE INFO
Concert run time: approximately 2 hours including a 20 intermission.