Please note: Availability of specific programs and related faculty is subject to sufficient enrolment.
- Advanced students, pre-professional, and professional players of period instruments (flute, oboe, bassoon, violin, viola, viola d'amore*, cello, bass, harpsichord, and lute/guitar). No audition is required.
- Players of modern flute, oboe, bassoon, and string instruments (advanced students, pre-professional, and professional) interested in being introduced to the techniques of period instruments and the principles of period performance practice. No audition is required.
Note that a number of baroque flutes, oboes, bassoons, string instruments, and a theorbo are available for use by participants. String players new to period instruments may also use their modern instruments, re-tuned to aâ€™=415 hz and strung with gut. We are able to loan baroque bows, and we stock gut strings for purchase. Bass players may borrow a set of gut strings for the duration of the Institute.
- Singers (advanced students, pre-professional, and professional) interested in exploring period performance practice in solo, ensemble, choral, and operatic repertoire. An audition is required (See Application Process for details). Â Note: Singers must be age 21 or older as of May 29, 2017.Â Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
- Conductors and directorsÂ interested in exploring period performance practice and baroque choral and orchestral repertoire. No audition is required.Â Note: The Programme for Conductors & Directors can be combined with the Instrumental or Vocal Programme.
- Pre-formed instrumental chamber groups are welcome to apply as an ensemble. Contact email@example.com for details.
*Visit the Viola d'Amore Workshop tab for details about the concurrent Viola d'Amore Workshop, May 30-June 5
Many of the instruments and bows available for loan are provided by the Jeanne Lamon Instrument Bank.